Welcome to CEED
At the Center for Early Education and Development (CEED) at the University of Minnesota, we believe that all young children deserve the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential in safe nurturing environments. We strive to improve policies and practices to support all young children, their families, and the professionals who serve them through collaborative research and evaluation, professional development, community engagement, and information sharing.
CEED addresses numerous topic areas, including:
- Social and emotional development and mental health
- Early literacy and numeracy
- Child development
- Developmental disabilities
- Program evaluation
- Children's early care and education environments
- Caregiver and teacher interactions with children
CEED also serves as the Early Childhood Program Area for the Institute on Community Integration (ICI), a federally designated University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), part of a national network of programs across the country known as the American Association of University Affiliated Programs (AAUAP).
Please use the links in the left sidebar to learn more about CEED.
- Resources from the 2014 Harris Forum are now available.
- Register Now! 2014 Early Intervention Summer Institute
- Resources from CEED's 40th anniversary celebration
- Lynn Haglin is recipient of the 2013 McEvoy Light a Candle Award
- Resources from CEED@UROC's Implementation Science Seminar Series are available.
- CLASS™ Learning Modules: View (for free or for a fee with certificate) learning modules to assist in understanding CLASS™ concepts in Minnesota's quality initiatives.
Other Early Childhood Resources in the College of Education and Human Development
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education Foundations
- M.Ed/Initial Licensure in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education M.Ed. and Licensure Program (Educational Psychology)
- Institute of Child Development
- Parent and Family Education programs (Family Social Science)
- University of Minnesota Child Development Center
Thank you for visiting CEED online!