Minnesota Early Intervention Summer Institute
Evidence-based Practice for Working with Young Children and Their Families
Tuesday and Wednesday, June 20-21, 2017
St. John's University, Collegeville, MN
Registration Now Open!
Early Bird Rate: $200 through March 31, 2017
Regular Price : $225 begins April 1, 2017
- Two-day intensive session--choose one from eight topics
- June 19 and June 20 lodging in double occupancy dorm room (upgrades available for a fee)
- Meals during event, breaks, and dessert reception
- 12 clock hours
Registration: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 through Friday, May 26, 2017
(Please read this page carefully before proceeding to register.)
Please note prior to beginning registration:
- Credit card payment is the only form of payment accepted. We can no longer accept checks or purchase orders.
- In-full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Included in the registration fee at no additional cost: Double-occupancy dorm room, non-air conditioned, shared bath
- If you are selecting a double room, you must include a roommate's name. If you do not provide a name, a roommate will be assigned to you.
- Lodging upgrades available for additional fee:
- Double occupancy dorm room, air conditioned, shared bath: $8 per night
- Single occupancy dorm room, non-air conditioned, shared bath: $12 per night
- Single occupancy dorm room, air conditioned, shared bath: $19 per night
- No lodging needed - no discount given
Day 1: Student, Parent, and Faculty Panel: Minnesota Life College - more information soon
2017 Intensive Sessions
Session 1: Using Developmental Repair in Early Childhood Settings (THIS SESSION IS FULL)
Instructors: Anne Gearity, Ph.D., LICSW, and Lauren Nietz, LICSW
Instructor: Edward Bovey, M.A.
Instructor: Kathleen Gallagher, Ph.D. View Dr. Gallagher's TedTalk "The Healthy Child: Assembly Required" on YouTube
Instructor: Carol Siegel, Ph.D., LP
Instructors: Kellie Krick Oborn, Ph.D., and Stephanie de Sam Lazaro, OTD, OTR/L
Please note for Session 5: Attendees must register as interdisciplinary teams of two or more. No individual attendees or same-discipline teams will be admitted. Early intervention leaders may attend as individuals. You will be asked during registration to provide team member names.
Instructor: Kamyala Howard, MSW, LICSW
Session 7: Due Process vs. Do Paperwork (back by request!)
Instructors: Lisa Backer, Jenny Moses, and Susanne Thomas, Minnesota Department of Education
Instructors: Gary Cohen and Mark Wolak, Ph.D.
Academic credit for this event has been approved. Check back soon for details and instructions.
For Non-Minnesota Attendees
The Minnesota Early Intervention Summer Institute is made possible through funding provided by the Minnesota Department of Education. The state provides this support in order to offer high-quality professional development to its early childhood professionals at an affordable cost. Those professionals neither living in nor working in Minnesota wishing to attend the Summer Institute may do so at the unsubsidized rate of $500. Please contact Deb Ottman at 612-624-7395 or email@example.com to arrange registration.
About the Summer Institute
The Minnesota Early Intervention Summer Institute is a unique professional development opportunity provided to the early childhood field through sponsorship by the Early Childhood Special Education Division, Minnesota Department of Education.
Research shows that deeper, longer exposure to new content results in higher quality learning for adults and increases the chance that this new learning will be applied in practice! To capture those benefits, the Summer Institute offers you eight separate intensive sessions from which to choose; register for just one session, and attend that session over both days. In addition to class time spent in the session of your choice, both Tuesday and Wednesday begin with an hour-long plenary keynote address.
During your time at the Summer Institute, you will gain new insights and develop new skills for your work. You will have the chance to interact with a broad range of other like-minded professionals passionate about supporting infants, toddlers, and young children and their families. And, you’ll have the chance to enjoy the traditional activities that Summer Institute has become known for, including the lunchtime barbeque, DEC’s evening dessert reception, and St. John’s all-you-can-eat ice cream and Johnny Bread! You’ll find St. John's University’s beautiful and serene campus the perfect setting for learning, reflection, and rejuvenation.
Why Attend the Institute?
- Funding for these grant activities is made possible with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education. The source of the funds are from federal award, Grants to State - Special Education - Preschool grants, CFDA 84.173A of P.L. 108-466 IDEA and amendment thereto.
- Minnesota Division of Early Childhood (MN-DEC)
Contact Deb Ottman at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-7395.