Introduction to Infant Mental Health
Earn a Continuing Education Certificate
or Academic Credit
This course is designed for professionals interested in an introduction to the field of infant mental health and intervention with infants, toddlers, and their parents. Readings, video, and observational tasks are included to familiarize students with the foundations of infant mental health and direct work with infants and parents. While not a clinical class, this course introduces the role and function of the infant mental health specialist and the use of relationship and reflection in work with families.
Next Session: Fall 2015
This course is being modified and will be offered again in spring 2015
Comments from Past Participants
- "This is an excellent course. I will highly recommend it to my peers."
- "I learned much more than I expected and found the variety of professionals taking the class interesting. It is a great way to gain information when working full-time. I would definitely take another online course from CEED."
- "The video segments were very, very much appreciated. They helped bridge the difference between a conference and learning via computer or book."
- "Great information and I have recommended this course to others with whom I work."
- "I enjoyed the course. It offered information and guidance that I could apply to my job. I thought that the readings were interesting and the observation activities gave me insight on the skill that is required for Infant Mental Health providers."
- I want to thank you for all of your effort in making [this course] a positive experience. In addition to the help in my professional life, the article "Angels in the Nursery" was incredibly helpful for me in my personal life. So, I wanted to let you know what an impact your efforts had on me."
- "I am so excited to have had the opportunity to participate in this wonderful learning experience."
- "I enjoyed the class and feel as though I had real live conversations with both of you, the other students and, most of all, the parents in the book. This class experience is already enhancing my home visits in the Birth to three early intervention program."
- Project: Minnesota Infant Mental Health
- Publication: Early Report, Winter 1999: Minnesota Infant Mental Health Services Feasibility Study
- Publication: Early Report, Spring 2007: Children's Mental Health: Promoting School- and Life-Readiness
- Fall 2015: This course will be on temporary hiatus until 2015.
If you have further questions, please contact Karen Anderson, CEED Online Course Manager, at 612-625-6617 or firstname.lastname@example.org.