Northside Achievement Zone (NAZ) Internal Evaluation
Minnesota’s achievement gap is consistently among the largest in the nation, with arguably the most significant effects noticed among African American students in North Minneapolis. The Northside Achievement Zone, or NAZ, is committed to reducing this gap.
The mission of NAZ is to build a culture of achievement in a geographic zone in North Minneapolis to ensure that all youth graduate from high school college-ready. NAZ will do this by partnering with schools, organizations, and families to significantly improve education and guarantee opportunities to support for children from pre-birth to college.
As part of its work, NAZ is committed to building and implementing comprehensive and coordinated evaluation systems that inform, document, and drive the continuous improvement of individual components and the overall initiative.
CEED is a partner and leader in this effort. We do the following:
- Provide leadership in design and coordination of the overall evaluation system
- Design and implement the internal evaluation that helps ensure use of evidence-based and best practices and monitors the effects of these practices to support continuous improvement
- Develop qualitative and narrative evaluation approaches to help NAZ “tell the story” of its work and share its progress with the community and stakeholders
- Contribute to NAZ’s overall efforts as members of the Management Team and other leadership committees.
CEED also provides leadership in developing educational achievement and community indicators and outcomes to measure progress and success within the NAZ initiative.
- Northside Achievement Zone website
- Five Hundred Under Five Project
- Family Academy's 'cradle to career' effort under way in north Minneapolis, MinnPost, February 17, 2012
This work is funded through a contract with Northside Achievement Zone.