The University of Minnesota Child Development Center is a model demonstration and training site for early development with research opportunities to further the knowledge of early development, education, and quality care for young children. We provide a “fee-for-service” childcare and enrichment program for University of Minnesota affiliated staff, faculty and students. Our center cares for 140 children, ages 3 months to 5 ½ years old.
Perks of UMCDC
- All Area Coordinators are educated in Early Development, birth to 8 years, and Child Psychology. Additionally, most hold MN teaching licenses.
- Our curriculum provides a framework for developmental experiences, enabling youngsters to explore, problem solve, and investigate. It’s also responsive to children’s interests and needs.
- Our program has commendations regarding its NAEYC accreditation and works in collaboration with other University units, particularly the Center for Early Education and Development (CEED), the Shirley G. Moore Lab School, and hosts pediatric residents on a rotation, as well as offering classroom observation for those enrolled in occupational therapy and early childhood education courses.
- Our foyer, courtyard, “Back 40”, outdoor play yards, flex room, multi-purpose room, mudrooms, atrium, and research suite are all auxiliary spaces devised for shared use.
- The physical environment incorporates natural elements and is designed to be sensory rich and engaging to children.
- The community at UMCDC is exceedingly diverse. Students, children, and faculty from all over the world come to our center.
Location + Hours
Our address and hours of operation are listed here.
Have questions about our waiting list? We have answers!
Don't delay, apply today.
Pay Invoices Online
Looking to save some time? Try paying your invoices online. You just need your customer number and current invoice number to make a deposit.
Make a payment
We'd love to hear from you!