DirecTrack to Teaching
The priority deadline to begin DirecTrack in Fall 2013 was February 1, 2013. The final deadline is May 1, 2013.
What Is DirecTrack?
Get on the path to teaching licensure as an undergraduate through DirecTrack to Teaching. The program offers early admission to the College of Education and Human Development’s initial licensure program and gives undergraduates early exposure to the culture of teaching and schools. Enter the profession with confidence and competence.
- Take teacher preparation classes normally offered only to graduate students.
- Learn as part of a select group of future teachers from multiple disciplines.
- Participate in guided experiences (volunteering, observing, tutoring) with youth and in classroom settings.
- Focus on the subject area you want to teach.
- Receive early admission into the M.Ed./initial licensure program when certain benchmarks are met.