Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current program: Ph.D., Family Science
M.Ed., Applied Psychology - Tsinghua University, P.R. China
B.S., Early Childhood Education - Beijing Normal University, P.R. China
Yaliu is interested in research on family based prevention and intervention for at-risk families, including families exposed to trauma, and families of children with psychopathology. In particular, she is examining the effect of longitudinal randomized controlled trials on parent outcomes (e.g., observed parenting behaviors) and child development (e.g., internalizing symptoms).
2015 Mary Ellen McFarland Assistantship
2015 CEHD Alumni Society Advanced Study Scholarship
2014 Early Career Investigators Summer Fellowship for Prevention Research, Center for Personalized Prevention Research
- Hessel, H., He, Y., Dworkin, J. (2015, November). Father-adolescent communication: Exploring online and in-person strategies. Poster presented at the 77th Annual National Council on Family Relations Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- He, Y., Davis, L., Snyder, J., Gewirtz, A. (2015, October). Emotion socialization in fathers deployed to war. Paper presented at the 62nd Annual American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- He, Y., Gewirtz, A., Lee, S., & Morrell, N. (2015, May). Parent preferences and family engagement in a delinquency prevention program. Paper presented at the 23rd annual meeting of Society for Prevention Research, Washington, DC.
- He, Y., Gewirtz, A., Lee, S., & Morrell, N. (2015, March). Parent preferences and family engagement in a conduct problems prevention program. 2015 Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD), Philadelphia, PA.
- He, Y., Gewirtz, A., & Dworkin, J. (2014, November). Parental emotion socialization, child negative emotionality and depression symptoms. Paper presented at the 76th Annual National Council on family Relations Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Rudi, J., He, Y., Dworkin, J., & Doty, J. (2014, November). How useful is it? Differences in parents’ perceptions of parenting resource. Paper presented at the 76th Annual National Council on Family Relations Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Davis, L., He, Y., DeGarmo, D., & Gewirtz, A. (2014, May). Mindfulness outcome of a parenting intervention for deployed military families. Paper presented at the 22nd Annual Meeting of Society for Prevention Research, Washington, DC.
- He, Y. & Dworkin, J., (2014, March), Post traumatic Growth among Adolescent Sichuan Earthquake Survivors. Society for Research on Adolescence. Austin, Texas.