Admission Criteria for Online M.A. Program
The preferred undergraduate GPA for admittance to the program is 3.00.
Other requirements to be completed before admission:
- Applicants must have completed at least one general psychology, human development, or social science course with a grade of B or higher.
- Applicants must submit, via the online application system:
- A departmental application to a specific track
- Scores from the General Test of the GRE and TOEFL scores, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their potential for graduate study
- Unofficial transcripts
- A statement of career interests, goals, and objectives
- A statement of diversity
- Child life track applicants must also have completed or have in progress one child life course taught by a certified child life specialist (CCLS) and 100 hours of documented direct experience with children and families in a hospital/medical setting, preferably under the supervision of a CCLS. In addition, applicants must meet the minimum technical standards for an internship in a clinical setting as outlined by the Association of Child Life Professionals (previously known as the Child Life Council).