Parent Association of the Lab School (PALS)
Parents are encouraged to make a significant contribution to the school by participating in the Parent Association of the Lab School (PALS). This group meets three to four times per year and supports the school by organizing fund raising events, creating opportunities for socializing, and supporting classroom teachers and staff.
Statement of Purpose
The purposes of the PALS are to advise and assist in the functioning of programs and activities of the Shirley G. Moore Laboratory School.
The Parent Association of the Lab School (PALS):
- Serves as a mutual support for staff and parents;
- Stimulates communication between the parents and the staff;
- Represents parent concerns from each classroom;
- Advises on the establishment of priorities and the resource needs of the school; and
- Supports the enriching social and educational experiences in the school to help all children develop their physical, mental, and social potentials.
The PALS is open to all parents of Laboratory School students and shall ideally consist of at least one parent (the room parent) from each classroom. All interested parents may participate in this forum.
Officers are selected in April to serve for one year. The officers are a chair (or co-chairs) and a recording secretary.
- The chair/co-chairs will preside over all meetings, call special meetings as needed, and plan the agenda with the Director.
- The recording secretary records and communicates the minutes of the meeting and lists people in attendance.
The meetings shall be open to all parents and will be held at least once each term.
Requirement for passing a motion will be a simple majority of those members present.