PK-12 Administrative Certificate
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Your completed application will include a 1-2 page essay, the application supplement, transcripts and at least half of the $550 program fee, which is applied to the costs of your pre-assessment, pre-panel, and panel reviews.
If you are pursuing multiple endorsements, you will pay $550 for the first license and $275 for subsequent licenses. If you are pursuing a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in addition to an administrative license, you are charged a program fee of $275 for each license sought. Applications to the doctoral and licensure programs are separate processes. Only three-credit licensure courses that have been approved by the candidate's adviser may be counted toward an Ed.D. or Ph.D. If you are considering doing both, contact Gary Prest at email@example.com.
No GRE scores are required.
Please note: This program is not offered full-time and therefore is not intended for international students needing a visa to study in the United States.
How to Apply
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and may be submitted at any time.
All applicants must submit the following items:
- Unofficial transcripts or academic records should be uploaded directly to the online
application. International students should also upload an English translation if the transcript is not in
English. Please do not mail in paper copies of your transcripts. There is no need for official transcripts or
academic records for initial review. If you are admitted, the University will then request official copies of
this material. Click here for more
information about transcripts and credentials.
If you completed coursework at a university outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a professional credential evaluation center. Request a “course-by-course” evaluation. This process can take 4-6 weeks, so please plan in advance. You can use any provider that is an accredited member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A suggested provider of this service is Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), P.O. Box 514070, Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 (414-289-3400, fax: 414-289-3411).
- Essay: Please compose and attach a 1-2 page, double-spaced essay on a current topic in education that you would like to significantly impact as a licensed administrator. Upload this statement to the ApplyYourself online application in the "Applicant Statements" Statement #1 upload area.
- Fee: at least half of the $550 program fee is due at the time of application. Payment should
be sent to the following address:
206 Burton Hall
178 Pillsbury DriveSE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0221
- Application supplement: Please fill out the application supplement [WORD or PDF] and upload into the ApplyYourself online application in the "Program Supplementary" Graduate Program Additional Application area.
- LOG IN TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM TO APPLY TO THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM. Be sure to save your PIN and password so you can access the application system to view your admission status.
Nonnative English Speakers and/or International Students
All nonnative English speakers must submit an official score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum score requirements are:
- Internet-based test: 79-80
- Computer-based test: 213
- Paper-based test: 550
Tuition and Course Registration
For current tuition rates, see the professional school rate (departmental master's tuition rate) at the CEHD tuition and fees website.
NOTE: Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
You may take courses even if you have not yet been admitted to the licensure program. If you are enrolling prior to admission to the program, please see the CEHD Non-degree Seeking Students website. Once admitted to the program, you will register online via One Stop.
Federal financial aid is not available for students in the PK-12 Administration Certificate program. Contact the Office of Student Finances at 612-624-1111 for information about other financial aid options.
Revised September 19, 2016