Accelerated M.A. Option
The Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development (OLPD) is proud to announce a new accelerated (one-year, full-time) Master of Arts (M.A.) option in the following OLPD program tracks beginning in Summer 2015:
- Comparative and International Development Education (CIDE)
- Education Policy and Leadership (EPL)
- Evaluation Studies (ES)
- Higher Education (HE)
What Is the Accelerated M.A.?
The accelerated M.A. is a full-time M.A. degree in OLPD designed specifically for graduate students who wish to complete an M.A. program within a shorter time frame and can devote a year to full-time study. Unlike our established M.A. program, which begins in the fall semester (typically in September), students admitted into the new accelerated M.A. program begin their full-time studies in summer (typically in July). In consultation with their faculty advisers, students continue to take a full-time course load in both the fall and spring semesters in order to graduate in May.
- An Early Start: Students admitted into the accelerated M.A. program get off to a quick start by taking a pre-determined set of three intensive courses in the summer semester.
- Curriculum Flexibility: Although the one-year M.A. requires that certain courses be taken in certain semesters, there is still flexibility to explore a range of courses within the student’s program area in the fall and spring semesters.
- Final Paper Support: In addition to coursework in the student’s area of study, students in the accelerated program take a course each term—summer, fall, and spring—which supports the development and writing of the final master’s paper. This three-semester course helps students develop a high-quality paper within the one-year time frame.
How to Apply
The one-year M.A. option requires students to begin in the summer semester. See information on admission requirements and how to apply.
- Note: Indicate in the first sentence of your Personal Statement (#1) that you are applying for the Accelerated M.A. program.
The deadline to apply to any of the OLPD accelerated M.A. program tracks for summer 2017 is March 1, 2017.
Questions regarding the admissions process, admissions documents, or general information about the program contact:
Questions regarding a specific program track or course content should be directed to the program coordinator:
Revised July 8, 2016