Director for Administrative Licensure Program
Org Leadership, Policy And Dev
178 Pillsbury Dr SE
Ed.D., University of Minnesota, 1993, educational administration
Spec. Cert., University of Minnesota, 1987, educational administration
M.E., University of Minnesota, 1975, elementary education
B.S. with Distinction, University of Minnesota, 1973, elementary education
Areas of Interest
Leadership training and development
As a U of M alumni, I am grateful to serve this great institution and its students as the Director of Administrative Licensure and lead in leadership development for educational administrators. I teach and advise at the post-baccalaureate level; have extensive experience leading large school district organizations as principal, central office administrator and superintendent; and have served as an educational consultant and business development coordinator in a private enterprise with clients throughout the state of Minnesota.
- OLPD 5396 Field Experience in PK-12 Admin: Authentic Practice in Leadership
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Alumni Award - Colle of Education and Human Development - U of M (2014)
- 2006 Minnesota Superintendent of the Year, Minnesota Association of School Administrators (2006)
- 25 Year Club Educator of the Year, Minnesota Elementary School Principals Association (2006)
- Russel C. Hill Award for Character Education, Learning for Life (2001)
- Phi Delta Kappan (1988-present)
- American Association of School Administrators (1987-present)
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators (1987-present)
- MASA Executive Development Committee (2006-present)
- Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals (2014-present)
Prest, G., Hoskens, J., Pfulger, J. (2013, March). Design thinking. Minnesota Association of School Administrators (MASA) Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
Prest, G. (2011, March). Helping environments for learning: Good stewardship. Great Start Workshop II, MASA, St. Paul, MN.
Prest, G. (2011, January). School of one. Principals Academy at TIES, St. Paul, MN.
Prest, G. (2010, October). Transforming the American classroom one student at a time. Minnesota School Boards Association, Minneapolis, MN.
Prest, G. (2008, March). Leadership’s eclectic essences. MASA Conference, Brainerd, MN
Prest, G. (2006, January). Leading through change II. MASA Conference, Duluth, MN.
Prest, G. Helping principals be effective and dealing with those who are not. Second Year Cohort III. MASA, St. Paul, MN.
Updated July 2014