CIDE Graduate Student Profiles
Expected Graduation: 2017
Hometown: St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A., Saint John’s University, 2012, Hispanic studies / Spanish education
- B.S. in progress, Minnesota State University – Mankato, music education
Areas of Interest
- Education Abroad
- Intercultural Communication
- Language Teaching
- Higher Education Administration
- Social Justice & Inequalities in Higher Education
Like many in the CIDE program, I was drawn to the field of comparative and international development due to previous experiences abroad throughout my undergraduate experience. While a student at St. John’s University, my main goal was to immerse myself in as many experiences abroad as possible with the intent of becoming the best Spanish teacher that I could be. I spent two summers in Spain, and lived in Chile for a year. I have since become a middle school Spanish teacher, and introducing my students to the Spanish language and Hispanic culture has only added to my interest in pursuing additional work within International Education.
My interests in the CIDE program lie in becoming a more culturally competent educator, and learning more about the inequalities that pertain to opportunities in study abroad programs and higher education.
Revised November 23, 2015