CIDE Graduate Student Profiles
Expected Graduation: May 2016
Hometown: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- BIS, University of Minnesota, English, Spanish, and Teaching English as a second language; Minor, Asian languages and literature-Korean focus
Areas of Interest
- International higher education
- Intercultural training
- Student development
- Student programs/engagement
- Domestic and international student integration
- Intercultural communication and competence
- Korean internationalization of higher education
I fell into the University of Minnesota international community 4 years ago through participation in a cross-cultural living learning community and my life has not been the same since. Thus, with my developed passion for international education I hope to work in international higher education building cross-cultural programming to bring students together and increase intercultural competence.
I currently intern in the UMN International Student and Scholar Services Student Engagement Initiatives assisting with new student transition programs.
After being inspired by international friends to start learning Korean language, and traveling to Korea, I am looking at completing a higher education administration-focused Ph.D. program in Korea in the future.
A case for why there should be more cross-cultural living learning communities as a means of intentional integration of international and domestic students, specifically focusing on the transformative effects on domestic students.
Revised November 23, 2015