OLPD 4496 Undergraduate Applied Experience Checklist
Submit Spring portfolios to the course Moodle site by:
December 13 for Fall term
May 4 for Spring term
Reminder: You must have your applied experience approved by the course instructor prior to starting.
- Read and study the content of the syllabus and all other documents on the OLPD 4496 website.
- Register for OLPD 4496.
- This course can only be taken on an S/N basis.
- If you need assistance in determining how many credits you should take, consult with your course instructor.
- Apply to and secure an internship related to sales and/or marketing. In this process, you will explain the requirements of the BME applied experience to your potential supervisor.
- Complete an initial draft of the OLPD 4496 Applied Experience Contract. (Signatures should NOT be obtained at this point)!
- Email the draft contract to the course instructor. Only emailed soft copies of the draft contract will be accepted; hard copies will not be considered. Contract must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Monitor your email and continue to correspond with your course instructor, making the changes and edits that are suggested.
- Submit new drafts of the contract until you receive final approval from the course instructor via email.
- Once the contract has been approved, print out a final copy of the contract, sign it, and get your supervisor's signature as well.
- Mail the hard copy of the contract with the two signatures to the course instructor. They will provide you with a final copy for your records (via email).
- Begin working at the applied experience position. Begin to keep your daily log, and begin to set aside work products for your portfolio.
- Request a letter of evaluation from your supervisor well before the due date. Include this letter in your portfolio.
- Submit a portfolio via Moodle with all required items to your course instructor by the due date.
Revised September 6, 2017