Submit Fall portfolios to the course Moodle site by December 18, 2017.
Reminder: You must have your applied experience approved by the course instructor prior to starting.
- Read and study the content of the syllabus and all other documents on the OLPD 4696 web site.
- Register for OLPD 4696.
- Note: This course can only be taken on an S/N basis.
- Note: If you need assistance in determining how many credits you should take, consult with your Course Instructor.
- Apply to and secure an internship. In this process, you will explain the requirements of the HRD Internship to your potential supervisor.
- Complete an initial draft of the OLPD 4696 Internship Contract. (Signatures should NOT be obtained at this point)!
- Email the draft contract to the Course Instructor. Only emailed soft copies of the draft contract will be accepted; hard copies will not be considered. Contract must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Monitor your email and continue to correspond with your Course Instructor, making the changes and edits that are suggested.
- Submit new drafts of the contract until you receive final approval from the Course Instructor via email.
- Once the contract has been approved, sign it and get your supervisor’s signature on it.
- Scan and email an electronic copy of the signed contract to the Course Instructor. She’ll add her own signature on behalf of the HRD program and will provide you with a final copy for your records (via email).
- Begin working at the internship position. Begin to keep your daily log, and begin to set aside work products for your portfolio.
- Request a letter of evaluation from your supervisor well before the due date. Include this letter in your portfolio.
- Submit a portfolio via Moodle with all required items to your course instructor by the due date.
Revised September 15, 2017