Customized Professional Development
MCRR can tailor professional development to individual schools, leadership teams, districts, or consortia of schools.
Some consulting options
- Strategic planning with school or district leadership teams
- Instructional audits (classroom observations of reading instruction)
- Mentoring of coaches and literacy leaders
- Visits to Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
Possible professional development topics
- Refining the core curriculum (effective reading instruction)
- Developing differentiated and rigorous independent activities (effective reading instruction)
- Planning instruction to maximize cognitive engagement (effective reading instruction)
- Getting the most from your PLCs
- School-wide use of data for instructional choices
- Reflection on instruction through coaching conversations
- Literacy instruction in a full-day kindergarten program
- Catching Readers (reading intervention) K-6
- Catching Schools (school change in reading framework)
Other topics can be organized as well. If you might be interested in any of the above topics or if you have other particular needs or questions, please answer the questions below and we'll contact you.
Please note that the form below is not for PRESS - request info on PRESS here.