School RJ Research Links
See a new list of Outcome-Based Research for Restorative Approaches in Schools (compiled by Jon Kidde of Global Learning Partners)
Top Recent Research Studies on Restorative Justice and Restorative Discipline in Public Schools Located in the United States
1. Minnesota Study: 2013/2014
“Applying Restorative Justice Practices to Minneapolis Public Schools Students Recommended for Possible Expulsion: A Pilot Program Evaluation of the Family and Youth Restorative Conference Program” (Final Report). McMorris Barbara J, Beckman K, Shea G, Baumgartner J, & Eggert R. School of Nursing and Healthy Youth Development Prevention Research Center, University of Minnesota. (2014).
2. Texas Study: 2012/2013
For a list of Texas-based studies, including second- and third-year reports on Ed White Middle School, see the School RD resource page on the Institute of Restorative Justice and Restorative Dialogue website (Austin, Texas).
3. Oakland, California Study: 2014
4. Chicago, Illinois Study: 2012
ADDRESSING DISCIPLINE DISPARITY ISSUES
1. “Dignity, Disparity and Desistance: Effective Restorative Justice Strategies to Plug the School-to-Prison Pipeline.” By Mara Schiff, Ph.D., School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Florida Atlantic University. Click here.
2. “The promise of restorative practices to transform teacher-student relationships and reduce racial disparities in exclusionary discipline”. By Anne Gregory of Rutgers University.
3. For a comprehensive list of research articles on Discipline Disparity issues, click here.