Colloquium on P-12 STEM Education Research
Mark your calendar to join us August 5th-6th, 2013 at the McNamara Alumni Center in lovely Minneapolis, Minnesota!
The Colloquium on P-12 STEM Education is an interactive national forum bringing together educators, researchers, STEM professionals, and other STEM stakeholders in a dynamic two-day colloquium. Sessions are hands-on, participatory, and/or experiential. This is an opportunity to learn about the newest research in STEM education, bridge the gap between research and practice to implement effective practices, see and experience what is working in P-12 STEM education classrooms, and discuss next steps and potential solutions for the issues encountered in STEM education.
|February 4, 2013||Abstract submission & All Registration Opens|
|May 31, 2013||Abstract & Scholarship Submission Closes|
|July 30th, 2013||All Registration Closes|
|August 5th, 2013||Day 1 of Colloquium|
|August 6th, 2013||Day 2 of Colloquium|
Senay Purzer, Ph.D.
Director, INSPIRE Assessment Research & Engineering Learning Observatory
Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Education
Senior Program Office- National Academy of Engineering
2013 Colloquium Planning Committee
- Tamara Moore, STEM Education Center, University of Minnesota
- Karl Smith, STEM Education Center, University of Minnesota
- Kelly Valusek, STEM Education Center, University of Minnesota
- Gillian Roehrig, STEM Education Center, University of Minnesota
- Doug Paulson, Minnesota Department of Education
- John C. Olson, Minnesota Department of Education
- Angel Brown, Columbia Heights Middle School
- James Brickwedde, Assistant Professor, Hamline University
- Dr. Paul Imbertson, Electrical & Computer Engineering Professor, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Laura Bottomley, Women in Engineering & Outreach Director, North Carolina State University
- Dr. Deborah M. Besser, Center for Pre-Collegiate Engineering Education, University of St. Thomas
- Elizabeth Parry, RAMP-UP & K-12 STEM Curriculum Consultant, North Carolina State University
- Debbie Belfry, Career Development Director, Bloomington Public Schools
- Emily Larsen, K-12 Math Specialist, South Washington County Schools
This event was made possible through generous financial contributions from our sponsors.
Please contact the STEM Education Center via email or phone 612-626-1705.