Welcome to CEED
CEED's mission is to improve developmental outcomes for children through applied research, policy, and professional development.
Explore the links to learn about CEED, our resources and services, events, and professional development opportunities.
UMN's College of Education and Human Development aligns CEED to the Institute of Child Development
Events and Reports
- View/print the 2016-2017 CLASS™ Trainings Schedule. Registration is now available for the following September trainings:
- St. Paul, MN: Pre-K & K-3 CLASS™ Awareness & Overview Training on Monday, September 26, 2016. Register by Friday, September 23, 2016. Read more and register online.
- St. Paul, MN: CLASS™ Refresher on Thursday, October 6, 2016. Register by Monday, October 3, 2016. Read more and register online.
- Red Wing, MN: Pre-K CLASS™ Observation Reliability on Wednesday and Thursday, October 26-27, 2016. Register by Tuesday, October 11, 2016. Read more and register online.
- CEED's fall online courses are open for registration. Earn academic credit or clock hours for participation.
- 2016 NumbersPlus Early Math Institute--Save the Date! November 17, 2016. Featured early math research speakers: Megan Franke and Michele Mazzocco. Northstar Ballroom, St. Paul Student Center, University of Minnesota St. Paul Campus. More information and online registration will be available soon, so check back or join the CEED email list to be notified.
- 2017 Minnesota Early Intervention Summer Institute--Save the Date! June 20-21, 2017
- The 2016 report Assessing Trainers of Early Childhood Practitioners: A Review of Current Literature was completed under contract with Child Care Aware of Minnesota and made possible with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Human Services using federal funding. The review, authored by Beth Menninga and Amy Susman-Stillman, summarizes research and best practices on assessing early childhood trainer skills and competencies. (47 pages)