Welcome to CEED
At the Center for Early Education and Development (CEED) at the University of Minnesota, we believe that all young children deserve the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential in safe nurturing environments. We strive to improve policies and practices to support all young children, their families, and the professionals who serve them through collaborative research and evaluation, professional development, community engagement, and information sharing.
CEED addresses numerous topic areas, including:
- Social and emotional development and mental health
- Early literacy and numeracy
- Child development
- Developmental disabilities
- Program evaluation
- Children's early care and education environments
- Caregiver and teacher interactions with children
CEED also serves as the Early Childhood Program Area for the Institute on Community Integration (ICI), a federally designated University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), part of a national network of programs across the country known as the American Association of University Affiliated Programs (AAUAP).
Please use the links in the left sidebar to learn more about CEED.
Summer at CEED
- CLASS™ Refresher Course, May 21, 2013, St. Cloud, MN
- Implementation Science in Minnesota--An Informal Discussion Series, Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC), April 25, May 2, 16, 30, earn 6 clock hours
- New in-person summer course: EDHD 5300--Storytelling Beyond the Book, Early Childhood Literacy Practices - June 17, 19, 24, 26, earn 1 academic credit or 12 clock hours, University of Minnesota East Bank, Armory 116
- Video and handouts of the complete 2013 Harris Forum lecture and Q&A session with scholars is now available on the 2013 Harris Forum web page.
- Report: Supply and Demand for Early Care and Education Services in North Minneapolis: Initial Analyses of Current Capacity and Use of School-based Early Education and Family and Center-based Child Care Programs in Zip Codes 55411 and 55412, prepared by Kevin Overson and Scott McConnell, CEED@UROC, April 26, 2013
- The Importance of the Early Years (four-part educational video), featuring Regents Professor Megan Gunnar
- Implementing Part C Regulations, 2012 Summer Institute Intensive Session, MDE Team
- CLASS™ Learning Modules: View (for free or for a fee with certificate) learning modules to assist in understanding CLASS™ concepts in Minnesota's quality initiatives.
Other Early Childhood Resources in the College of Education and Human Development
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education Foundations
- M.Ed/Initial Licensure in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education M.Ed. and Licensure Program (Educational Psychology)
- Institute of Child Development
- Parent and Family Education programs (Family Social Science)
- University of Minnesota Child Development Center
Thank you for visiting CEED online!
About EDHD 5300 012, Storytelling Beyond the Book: Early Childhood Literacy Practices
Instructors Maria Asp and Amy Susman-Stillman talk about their summer course Storytelling Beyond the Book, offered for academic credit or clock hours (click thumbnail to view)