Infant and Toddler
Questions About Kids: Additional resources on a variety of infant/toddler topics for parents and caregivers
Early Childhood Behavior Tip Sheets
The tip sheets below are available on the Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) website (see "U of M Lend Fact Sheets" in the right column). Direct links to the tip sheets are provided below.
- What is Challenging Behavior?
- Communicative Alternatives to Challenging Behavior
- Functional Behavioral Assessment of Young Children
- High-Probability Request Sequences and Embedding
- Preferred Item as a Distracter
- Request a Break
- Request Assistance
- Tolerance for Delay in Reinforcement
Additional Tip Sheets
These tip sheets were authored by Kareen Smith while employed as a graduate research assistant on Grant #H029K20171, Special Project to Provide Technical Assistance, Inservice Training, and Site Development for Positive Behavioral Support Strategies for Students with Disabilities, from the U.S. Department of Education, to Scott McConnell, Principal Investigator, Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota; Carolyn Elliott, Principal Investigator, Minnesota Department of Children, Families, and Learning; and Kathie Wolff, Project Coordinator, Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota.
- Print all tip sheets listed below (75 pages)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Behavior Modification
- Contingency Contracts
- Cooperative Learning
- Defiance and Verbal Aggression
- Hostile Aggressive Behavior
- Modeling Behavior
- Passive Aggressive Behavior
- Peer Tutoring
- Physical Restraint
- Positive Classroom Environment and Student-Teacher Rapport
- Positive Programming
- Positive Reinforcement
- Schedules of Reinforcement
- Social Contracts
Positive Behavior Support Tip Sheets and Resources
The St. Paul Public Schools Early Kindergarten and Early Childhood Special Education Programs developed Positive Behavior Support resources (in whole or in part) with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education, using federal funds, CFDA 84.027A, Special Education - Grants to States. We are pleased to include these resources on our web site.
- Multilingual Behavior Articles for Families
- Multilingual Fridge Tips
- Data Collection Forms
- Lists and Poster
- Action Plans
- These Action Plans were developed through a collaboration of the St. Paul Public Schools ECSE Program, University of Minnesota, and the Minnesota Department of Education.
- St. Paul Public Schools Early Childhood Special Education Action Plan for Positive Behavioral Support--Revised 1.22.09.
- St. Paul Public Schools Early Childhood Special Education FAMILY Action plan for Positive Behavioral Support, May 2008.
Healthy Child and Youth Development Tip Sheets
by Martha Farrell Erickson, Ph.D.
- The Three Cs: Critical Ingredients for Healthy Child and Youth Development
- The Three Cs: Strategies for Parents of Children Ages Birth to 4
- The Three Cs: Strategies for Parents of Children Ages 5 to 11
- The Three Cs: Strategies for Parents of Children Ages 12 to 18
- Questions About Kids: Additional resources on a variety of infant/toddler topics for parents and professionals