Certificate in Online Learning
The certificate in Online Learning prepares educators and other professionals to design and deliver online learning experiences in academic or business settings.
All courses are offered completely online.
Through this certificate you will acquire knowledge and skill in designing and delivering online distance learning by:
- Developing expertise in emerging practices in learning design for online environments
- Gaining an understanding of key learning theories and applying them in practice
- Engaging with current research about online teaching, learning, and design
- Participating in a learning community to learn from others while reflecting on your own teaching, reading, designing, and writing
Complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits):
- Foundations of distance education
- Online learning communities
- Designing and developing online distance learning
- Designing online adventure learning
Master of Education
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and M.Ed. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time.
If interested, apply to both programs.
You will need to apply to both the certificate program and the master’s program. Once admitted, strategize with your adviser to plan your coursework in order to meet the requirements for both programs simultaneously.
Currently enrolled students: If you are enrolled in another program at the University, you need to apply to earn this certificate. Note: Transfer credits may not be applied to this certificate program.
Application priority deadlines:
- December 15 - Spring start
- April 30 - Summer start
- July 31- Fall start
For detailed admission information and tuition information on the certificate program, visit our certificate admissions page.
You can also contact the faculty adviser for the program, Aaron Doering