Certificate in K-12 Technology Integration
The certificate in K-12 Technology Integration is designed for K-12 teachers and administrators to learn strategies for technology use in classrooms, schools, and districts.
All courses are offered in completely online and blended formats. Formats vary semester to semester.
Through this certificate you will:
- Develop skills in providing coaching and professional learning for colleagues
- Engage with practical, assessment, and theoretical resources to understand computer science’s movement into K12 classroom, organizational, and library spaces
- Engage with current research about technology integration, 1:1 learning environments, and the maker movement
- Strengthen expertise in national, state, district, and classroom policies and standards that support meaningful technology integration
- Participate in a collaborative learning community where you learn from and with course members and instructors
Complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits):
- Technology tools for educators
- Teaching and learning with the Internet
- Special topics in learning technologies, such as Computer Coding for K12 Educators or 1-to-1 Technology Initiatives for K12 Educators
- Elective taken in consultation with your advisor
See the detailed course curriculum for the K-12 Technology Integration certificate in the graduate catalogue.
Master of Education
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and M.Ed. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time.
You will need to apply to both the certificte program and the master’s program. Once admitted, strategize with your adviser to plan your coursework in order to meet the requirements programs for both simultaneously.
Currently enrolled students: If you are enrolled in another program at the University, you need to apply to earn this certificate. Note: Transfer credits may not be applied to this certificate program.
Application priority deadlines:
- December 15 - Spring start
- April 30 - Summer start
- July 31- Fall start
For detailed admission information and tuition information on the certificate program, visit our certificate admissions page.
You can also contact the faculty adviser for the program, Cassandra Scharber.