Fingerprint Card Instructions
State law requires fingerprinting identification of Minnesota teaching licensure applicants. Fingerprinting cards are included in your teaching licensure application folder that you received at your teaching seminar. They are also available from Student Services, 612-625-3339; or Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Personnel Licensing, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113; 651-582-8691.
Follow these instructions:
- On the day you are scheduled for a fingerprinting session, avoid the use of body lotions, creams, oils, etc. because these can smear your prints and make them unusable.
- You must use the MDE fingerprinting card. These cards are included in your teaching licensure folder.
- Bring two forms of identification to the printing session, with at least one being a photo I.D.
- It takes about 10 minutes to do your prints.
- Arrive early and fill out the card before your scheduled time.
- If you paid a confirmation fee when you were admitted to the college’s initial licensure program, you will not be assessed a fee. If not, you must pay with cash/check/money order at the time you are getting your prints.
- DO NOT sign your card until you are at the fingerprinting session. The person taking your prints must see you sign the card.
- Print in black ink only.
Other fingerprint sites
Student Services periodically selects dates for on-campus fingerprinting and sends an email announcement regarding this to eligible students. If you miss these sessions, contact one of the following authorized sites. The College of Education and Human Development does not pay for this service.
Call ahead to confirm times and fees.