The Sunny Hansen BORN FREE
The BORN FREE Scholarship Fund was established at the University of Minnesota through the generosity of Dr. Sunny Hansen and her husband, Tor. This fund honors Dr. Hansen’s career as a faculty member in the College and CSPP, and her dedication to the field of career development.
The BORN FREE Scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to a graduate student who is working in the field of career development through CSPP.
Contact your adviser with questions.
- Applicant must be enrolled in Graduate School for the academic year in which the award will be made, working on either a master’s or doctoral degree in CSPP.
- Applicant’s academic interests should focus on gender and/or multi-cultural issues in career development.
- Clear evidence of financial need.
To apply, please submit to your adviser:
- Completed application for the Sunny Hansen BORN FREE Scholarship
- A vita or resume
- Unofficial copy of most recent transcript
Application for the Sunny Hansen BORN FREE Scholarship Fund
Please answer the following questions as fully as possible on no more than two pages.
- Briefly describe your academic history, your current course of study and research and applied interests.
- Describe your career aspirations and how this fellowship will be of help to you.
- Please share any additional information about yourself or your academic interests you think might be helpful to the awards committee.
- Please describe your financial need, and why this award would be important to you financially.
- Please include your name, address, phone number and anticipated date of graduation.