Graduate minor in educational psychology
The Department of Educational Psychology's graduate minor is for M.A. and Ph.D. students in another program at the University of Minnesota who are interested in a minor in educational psychology.
Minor at a master's level
Requires at least 6 credits of graduate-level EPSY courses
- Requires at least 12 credits of graduate-level EPSY courses
- 9 credits must be in 8xxx courses
- A-F grading only
- Note: specific requirements for minor with an emphasis in QME.
- All courses must be selected in consultation with an educational psychology faculty member.
- The consulting faculty member must approve the planned courses and be willing to serve on your committee.
- Any courses that will be used for the major program degree plan cannot be used toward the minor plan.
Applying for the minor
- Master's degree students must declare a minor prior to their final exam. Doctoral degree students must declare a minor prior to passing the preliminary oral exam.
- Submit a request to add a graduate education minor—when the request has been processed you will receive an email notification. To officially declare the minor after the request is processed, you will submit your minor degree plan in GPAS (Grad Planning & Audit System) for approval by the program.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.