Educational Psychology

Skip to main content

College of Education and Human Development wordmark.

Statistics education concentration

Conduct high quality research & become an excellent teacher as a statistics education professional

As a student in the statistics education concentration in our quantitative methods in education program, you’ll train for a career in statistics education as well as methodological competencies in statistics, measurement, and evaluation. A teaching internship allows students to apply what they learn to the classroom setting and receive supervision and feedback on their teaching.

How to apply

Visit the Quantitative Methods in Education Admissions page for more information on how to apply.

Preference is given to Ph.D. Applicants who already have an M.A. in statistics, mathematics education, or a related field, and some previous experience teaching statistics at the secondary or postsecondary level.

The research requirement for the master’s paper or doctoral dissertation for this focus prepares you to conduct high quality educational research applied to the teaching and learning of statistics, and to link the results of research to classroom practice.


Earn your M.A. or a Ph.D. in educational psychology with statistics education as an area of concentration, one of four within quantitative methods in education. A minor in educational psychology with an emphasis in statistics education for students in other graduate programs is also available.


Robert delMas headshot

Robert delMasCEHD Distinguished Teaching Award

  • Effects of activity-based approaches to teaching
Andy Zieffler headshot

Andy Zieffler

  • Teaching and learning of statistics
  • Measurement and assessment of statistics education research
  • Statistical computing and integration of computing into statistics curriculum


Get more information on opportunities for graduate research and teaching assistantships that provide tuition and also pay a salary if you qualify.


For more information and a detailed description of the plan and its requirements, please contact Robert delMas at (612) 625-2076.