Welcome to the Department of Family Social Science
The Department of Family Social Science provides outstanding undergraduate, master's, and doctoral level education dealing with all aspects of family life in the U.S. and around the world, with the full range of factors affecting families, with family therapy, and family education.
The department is considered the premier family department in the United States. Departmental faculty are leaders in family research, family theory, family therapy, family education, and consultation on family issues.
Our mission is to enhance the well-being of diverse families in a changing world through teaching, research, and outreach.
Family Social Science is an international leader in:
- Undergraduate, graduate, and extension education
- Discovery and application of new knowledge
- Innovative engagement with communities
- Mendenhall interviewed about Emergency Preparedness Partnership
- Rueter interviewed for radio show on “How Are Donor Conceived Families and Kids Doing?”
- Talking pictures: first-generation college students speak from behind the lens
- Landers selected as AAMFT Minority Doctoral Fellow
- Gagner selected as AAMFT Minority Doctoral Fellow