Welcome to the Department of Family Social Science
The Department of Family Social Science provides outstanding undergraduate, master's, and doctoral level education dealing with all aspects of family life in the U.S. and around the world, with the full range of factors affecting families, with family therapy, and family education.
In national rankings the department is considered the premier family department in America. Departmental faculty are leaders in family research, family theory, family therapy, family education, and consultation on family issues.
Our mission is to enhance the well-being of diverse families in a changing world through teaching, research and outreach.
Family Social Science is an international leader in:
- Undergraduate, graduate, and extension education
- Discovery and application of new knowledge
- Innovative engagement with communities
- FSOS Jackson awarded Kordell Scholarship
- FSOS grads bring home the SPR Sloboda/Bukowski cup
- FSOS Landers receives a President’s Student Leadership and Service Award
- FSOS graduate student award recipients
- Avoiding estate-planning mistakes, it’s not just about the money advises FSOS Marlene Stum