Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current program: Ph.D., Family Science
Northern Illinois University
Jennifer Doty's research interests include parents' access to social capital online and offline and the relationship between parents and adolescents. She also has an interest in family based prevention and intervention.
Does the quality of relationships in one generation affect adolescents' portfolio of supportive relationships in the next generation? In turn, is having a portfolio of supportive relationships linked to adolescent and parent well being?
- Doty, J. L., & Dworkin, J. (2014, March). The effects of family structure on closeness with fathers from adolescence to adulthood. Society for Research on Adolescence.
- Doty, J. L., & Dworkin, J. (2013, November). A longitudinal examination of predictors of parenting efficacy. National Council on Family Relations, San Antonio, TX. View poster (PDF)
- Doty, J. L., Connell, J. H., Pinna, K. L. M., Hanson, S., & Gewirtz, A. H. (2013, May). Differences in usage of an online supplement to an intervention for military families. Society for Prevention Research, San Francisco, CA.
- Doty, J. L. & Davis, K. L. (2012, November). Building positive cascades: A conceptual model. Theory Construction and Research Methods Workshop at National Council on Family Relations, Phoenix, AZ.
- Doty, J. L. & Dworkin, J. (2012, October). Bonding capital and bridging capital in young adulthood: Predictors of human capital. Society for Research in Child Development: Themed Meeting, Tampa, FL. View poster (PDF)
- Doty, J. L., & Dworkin J. (in press). Online social support for parents: A critical review. Marriage and Family Review.
- Doty, J. L., & Dworkin J. (2013). Parents' of adolescents use of social networking sites. Computers in Human Behavior.
- Dworkin, J., Connell, J., & Doty, J. (2013). A literature review of parents' online behavior. Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace.
- Doty, J. L., Dworkin, J., & Connell, J. H. (2012). Examining digital differences: Parents' online activities. Family Science Review.
- Doty, J. L., Doty, M. J., & Dworkin, J. (2011). Web-based family life education: Spotlight on user experience. Journal of Extension.