Email address: email@example.com
Ph.D., Family Social Science - Couple and Family Therapy - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
M.S., Marriage and Family Therapy - St. Cloud State University
B.A., Psychology - St. Cloud State University
Families and Child Welfare; Children's Complex Trauma
Reunification of American Indian Families
Intersection of Complex Trauma, Families in Child Welfare, and Reunification
President's Student Leadership and Service Award 2014
M. Janice Hogan Fellowship 2014
Family Process Institute's New Writers Fellowship 2014
Waller Summer Fellowship 2014
AAMFT Graduate Student Research Award, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, 2013
Waller Summer Fellowship, Department of Family Social Science, University of Minnesota, 2013
- Landers, A. L., Liebler, C. A., Ingalls-Maloney, K., Danes, S., & White Hawk, S. (2015, April). Community-based participatory research: Reunification experiences of adopted and/or fostered American Indians. Presented at the 33rd Annual Protecting Our Children National American Indian Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect, Portland, OR.
- Landers, A. L. & Danes, S. (2014, November). Reunification of American Indian Families in Child Welfare: A Review of Literature. Poster to be presented at the 2014 National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Landers, A. L., Zemanek, L., & Mendenhall, T. (2014, October). Trauma’s Impact on Law Enforcement Spouses and Relationships. Poster to be presented at the 2014 American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Annual Conference, Milwaukee, WI.
- Walker, S. K., Landers, A. L. & Hoodecheck, E. (2013, November). Extending place-based parent learning and support through technology: Phase 1 of a participatory design research project. Paper presented at the 2013 National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX.
- Landers, A. L. & Scheeler, M. (2013, September). Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) in action: Engaging through interactive exercises. Presented at the 2013 Minnesota Annual Community Mental Health Programs Conference (MACMHP), Duluth, MN.
- Landers, A. L. & Zemanek, L. (2013, May). The impact of trauma on partners of law enforcement and couple relationships. Poster session presented at the Annual MCFR Spring Conference, St. Paul, MN.
- Zemanek, L. & Landers, A. L. (2013, January). Embracing Islam and the Middle East. Presented at the Annual Power in Diversity Leadership Conference, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN.
- Liebler, C., & Landers, A. L. (2014, April). Experiences of adult adoptees and formerly fostered individuals. Presented at Diversity Through the Disciplines, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN.
- Zemanek, L. & Landers, A. L. (2014, April). Embracing Islam and the Middle East. Presented at the MN Trio Annual Conference, Nisswa, MN.
- Landers, A. L. (2013, February). CFT graduate student panel member. Presented at EDHD 1620: Graduate School: Exploring, Preparing, and Applying, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN.
- Landers, A. L. (2012, June). Understanding and addressing self-injurious behavior. Presented at Partnership for Youth and Families at Wright County Human Services, Buffalo, MN.
- Landers, A. L. (2011, May) Mental health awareness: What to do if you think your friend is depressed? Presented at Buffalo High School, Buffalo, MN.
- Landers, A. L. & Gravelle, S. (2009, March). Keeping your child safe. Presented at New Beginnings Carver-Scott Educational Cooperative, Chaska, MN.
- Gravelle, S. & Landers, A. L. (2008, November). Effective sex offender treatment programming. Presented at Scott County Judges Meeting, Shakopee, MN.