Ph.D., Family Social Science - Couple and Family Therapy - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
M.S., Communications - Illinois State University
M.A., Counseling Psychology: Marriage, Couple, & Family Therapy - Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR
Associate in Sex Education
2014 CEHD Community Outreach and Engagement Student Award
2014 Ragnhild E. Edwardson Fellowship
2013-14 Hauge Graduate Fellowship
2013 Office of Diversity Best Graduate Academic Paper Award
- Zrenchik, K. (2014). Getting into graduate school: How to prepare today for success tomorrow. Power in Diversity Leadership Conference. St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN.
- Zrenchik, K. (2013). Harnessing the power of LGBTQ identity to inspire transformative systemic change. Minnesota Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Fall Conference. Brooklyn Center, MN.
- Zrenchik, K. (2013). Why is monogamy the gold standard?: Polyamory, open relationships, and a history of successful coupling. American Family Therapy Academy Annual Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Zrenchik, K. (2013). Class and classism in family therapy praxis: A feminist, neo-marxist approach. American Family Therapy Academy Annual Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Zrenchik, K., & Catalpa, J. (2013). The state of LGBT family research: A time to critically reflect. LGBT Research Symposium. Champaign, IL.
- Zrenchik, K. (2013). Moving beyond tolerance: Creating queer-affirmative classrooms. Power in Diversity Leadership Conference. St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN.
- Zrenchik, K. (2009). Gays gone wild: A feminist critique of heterosexual gender norms in male homosexual pornography. Panel discussion. 2009 Central States Communication Association meeting. St. Louis, MO.
- Caviani, A., Nadolski, D., Stephens, M., Zrenchik, K. (2008). The emperor has no clothes: Solidifying inconsistencies in the interpretation of judge's preference in intercollegiate forensics. Central States Communication Association. Madison, WI.
- Sullivan, M., Asbury, B. E., Lippert, L. R., Tolman, E., Zrenchik, K., (2008). And the dundie goes to…: Using The Office to illustrate communication course concepts. Central States Communication Association. Madison, WI.
- Zrenchik, K. (2015). Two appreciations: A couples therapy intervention to enhance intimacy and relational satisfaction. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 26, 74-80.
- Zrenchik, K., Craft, S. (in progress). Productivity in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer research in family science and family therapy.
- Zrenchik, K. (in review). Two Appreciations: A couples therapy intervention to enhance intimacy and relational satisfaction. Journal of Family Psychotherapy.
- Zrenchik, K, & McDowell, T. (2012). Class and classism in family praxis: A feminist Neo-Marxist approach. Journal of Feminist Family Therapy.
- Zrenchik, K. (2007). 9/11 Workers: The forsaken heroes. Winning Orations. Mankato, MN; Interstate Oratorical Society.
- Zrenchik, K., Wahlig, J., & Bolinger, A., Carnes, G. (in press). Queering the Family. In T. Mendenhall & L. Plowman's (Eds.). Intimate Relations.
- Zrenchik, K. (2013). Why do you think they call it 'pride': Reinvisioning the way we work with LGBTQ clients. MAMFT Newsletter. Minneapolis, MN.
- Zrenchik, K. (2013). Sexism is bad for men, too. MAMFT Newsletter. Minneapolis, MN
- Zrenchik, K. (2009). Pain, power and patriarchy; A neo-Marxist feminist criticism of the rhetoric of internet pornography and the ideology of sex. Masters Thesis: Illinois State University, Normal, IL.