Master's in Prevention Science
Understanding and using what works
Prevention Science is a multi-disciplinary comprehensive approach to identify how best to promote the well-being of diverse families and communities by bridging research and practice. You will study:
- relevant theoretical frameworks
- risk and protective factors
- research and evaluation methodologies
- implementation and translational research, and
- factors related to community and system change initiatives.
A master's degree in prevention science will prepare you for a variety of careers, including as a program and service coordinator, trainer or educator, quality improvement professional, applied researcher or scientist.