Parent and Family Education License
Online professional program
The online 27-credit Parent and Family Education License program will prepare you to teach parent and family education in Minnesota's statewide Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) program and supports respectful, reciprocal interactions between parents and their children. Learn more about the ECFE program in Minnesota.
Many students complete licensure requirements as part of the M.Ed. program with the license sub-plan (31 credits).
This program will develop your skills to plan, coordinate, and teach in an instructional program that addresses the intellectual, emotional, cultural, social, and physical needs of both parents and children. The Parent and Family Education License is also a high quality credential for those who reside in Minnesota and want to pursue opportunities outside the ECFE setting.
Master's degree students who reported being satisfied or very satisfied with the knowledge they gained in their program.
Master's degree students who said their analytical and critical thinking skills had developed to a large or very large extent.
- Learn more in the online Parent and Family Education program manual.
- View the program checklist (PDF).
How to apply
- June 1 for fall admission
- October 1 for spring admission
- February 1 for summer admission
The Department of Family Social Science has specific application requirements.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com, or call 612-625-2705.
Admission to the Department of Family Social Science (FSoS) is based on a review of multiple sources of information:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. academic institution or foreign equivalent, evidence of strong academic preparation, and the ability and desire to perform graduate level scholarship.
- Alignment of applicant's professional goals with the Family and Parent Education program's goals to prepare practitioners to design, deliver, and evaluate educational programs for parents and families.
- Unique contributions applicant would make to FSoS values, including social relevance, collaboration, inclusiveness, excellence, innovation, and diversity.