Resources for Families
We have collected a list of online resources that can be helpful for families. We will be adding to this list, and if you have an additional resource that might be helpful, please let us know.
Veteran Parenting Toolkits
ADAPT Monthly Newsletter
Our archive of monthly newsletters are a great resource for parents with all ages of children. Every topic has four newsletters, each one targeted at a particular age group.
- University of Minnesota Extension Resources
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) provides educational opportunities for children connected with the military who are affected by mobility, family separation, and transition
- MN Child Care Resource and Referral Network: Give Army Parents a Break provides military families with 16 hours of free child care each month if the requirements are met.
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Organization provides resources for families throughout the deployment cycle.
- Operation Military Kids provides outreach and education for communities and schools, as well as many other resources for kids and families.
- Doll products that children will treasure while their parent is deployed: