Welcome to Ambit
The aim of AMBIT Network is to make high quality care more accessible for traumatized children and families in Minnesota and beyond.
Ambit provides training and support in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Ambit Network Annual Traumatic Stress Conference: REGISTER HERE
Minnesota Statewide Conference on Traumatic Stress in Children & Families:
Using and adapting evidence-based interventions to help children and families
April 29, 2015 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
TCF Bank Stadium – The DQ Room
University of Minnesota, East Bank Campus
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am Welcome and Opening Remarks: Dr. Abi Gewirtz
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Cultural adaptations: Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Dr. Judith Cohen, Medical Director, Center for Traumatic Stress in Children & Adolescents, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA.
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am Break/Networking
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am Delivering evidence-based interventions in cultural communities: Dr. BraVada Garrett-Akinsanya, Brakins Consulting & Psychological, Golden Valley, MN
- 11:30 am – 12:15 pm Family Consumer Panel: Moderator: Sue Abderholden, NAMI-MN
- 12:15 pm – 12:30 pm Wrap-up: Dr. Chris Bray
New Learning Collaborative Announcement
Ambit Network is pleased to announce a new Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Learning Collaborative (LC). This LC is a part of a larger approach designed to build a trauma-informed system of care for children and families by:
- Providing therapists with a means of using standardized assessment instruments to assess children for trauma symptomology both pre and post treatment.
- Providing treatment to children and families with a history of trauma using
TF-CBT; TF-CBT is an appropriate treatment for clients in home-based, outpatient and residential settings.
Teams that are interested in applying for the Ambit TF-CBT LC may participate in an informational call scheduled for October 27th, 11:00 am CST. The purpose of this call is to review components and expectations for participation in the LC and to provide time for interested teams to ask questions and determine whether to proceed with the application process.
Applications are due November 21, 2014. A selection decision will be made and you will be notified by December 15, 2014.