Action Steps in Your Community
In addition to talking to parents that are in your "party circuit" world about de-pressuring birthdays, here are some other things you can do as a citizen to raise awareness of the problem of out of control birthdays as a cultural issue.
- Talk to someone else in your community about this issue.
- Email a link of our website to a friend or family member.
- Write a letter to the editor about this issue to your local paper. Include our web address.
- Call a local radio talk show and weigh in on the issue. Share our web address.
- Encourage educators in your community to access our lesson plans around this issue.
- Think about similar issues in your community which may feel out-of-control. Talk to others about it and consider whether something can be done.