Learn the science behind physical activity and human movement to help people live healthier lives.
What You'll Study
Your Community & Instructors
- Donald Dengel researches metabolic syndrome in overweight children and adults and the effects of physical activity.
- Zan Gao studies how exercise-based video games can promote positive health outcomes for children.
- Diane Wiese-Bjornstahl researches best practices in promoting the health and development of youth in sports and and the psychological responses of athletes to sport injury.
Take part in research and classes at the Human Performance Teaching Laboratory, the Tucker Center for Women and Girls in Sport, and more.
“Professors in Kinesiology get to know you and they care deeply about you,” Torey Alberda, ‘14.
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Health coach
- Recreational sports director
View more career options in kinesiology