Learn the business, marketing, and management side of sports.
With teams in all four major professional sports - baseball, basketball, football, and hockey - and Division 1 college athletics, the Twin Cities are the perfect place to learn about the business of sports.
What You'll Study
- View a sample plan of classes or a complete list of program requirements.
- Coursework in sports marketing, the business of sport, and facilities and event management.
- Complete an internship at the end of your program to give you hands-on experience.
“My different experiences in the sport management program opened my eyes to my options. I can go anywhere in sports, and so much of the experience you get translates between jobs,” Kelly Miller, '14.
Your Community & Instructors
- Meet Mateo Fischer, a sport management major who writes a popular blog about baseball.
Sport management faculty and instructors maintain strong ties to the sports industry.
- Joel Maturi, former University of MN athletics director. Read about his Organization and Management of Sports class.
- Tiffany Richardson - In the summer of 2014, the Major League Baseball All-star game was held at Target Field in Minneapolis. Richardson and a group of students worked directly with MLB in promoting sustainability throughout the All-Star festivities. Read more.
- Sports marketing
- Facilities and events management
- Professional and amateur sports organizations