CEHD is a comprehensively international college, with global aspects integrated into teaching, research, and outreach efforts. Our most recent data indicates that:
- 41 faculty and staff members have international research projects in 40 different countries.
Explore CEHD’s global activities with our interactive map.
- During the 2014-2015 academic year, 282 students had international experiences in 41 different countries.
- 200 students were undergraduates (approximately 26% of CEHD’s undergraduate population).
Learn more about undergraduate study abroad.
- 82 were graduate students whose work included research, coursework, and international development projects.
Learn more about graduate work abroad.
- 310 of our students are international students, hailing from 56 different
Learn more about studying in CEHD as an international student
Global Signature Grants
Global Signature grants are distributed each year to CEHD units who have exemplary global projects. In 2015-2016, we feature four Global Signature programs.
Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development (OLPD) - OLPD will develop a series of "transnational research seminars" in collaboration with University of Zambia. Both University of Minnesota and University of Zambia students will participate in the seminars.
Academic Technology Services (ATS) - ATS will develop a comprehensive professional development program for faculty and instructional staff seeking to develop "COIL" (Collaborative On-line International Learning) courses. These courses will connect lecturers and students from two countries via technology for short-term collaborative projects during regular semester courses.
Institute on Community Integration (ICI) - ICI will develop an International Institute on Progress Monitoring to support the academic development of children with disabilities. The Institute builds on existing connections with Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University (Russia).