Giving to the Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development
Your generous support of the Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development is more critical than ever, helping us retain the very best scholars and students. Gifts for undergraduate scholarships help attract and retain promising students while easing the burden of rising tuition. Support for graduate fellowships enables the Department to compete nationally and internationally for top graduate students, enhancing our research.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your tax-deductible support for the Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development helps us attract and retain the very best scholars and students even as state funding declines. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding in comparative, and international development education, education policy and leadership, evaluation studies, higher education, and human resource development.
Choose a Fund
- Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development Fund (#3008)
This fund supports initiatives within the department that show high potential to advance knowledge about educational and organizational change in local, national, and international contexts. Resources are directed to students, faculty, or projects that directly help us to fulfill our mission.
- Gary N. McLean Legacy Fellowship in Human Resource Development (#3057)
In honor of Gary N. McLean, former UMN professor and internationally-renowned scholar, this fund supports graduate fellowships to ensure access and opportunity for outstanding future leaders in HRD.
- Gary Tinsley Memorial Scholarship Fund (#8921)
In honor of Gary Tinsley, former UMN football player and BME student, this fund provides undergraduate scholarships for Business and Marketing Education (BME) majors, many of whom will lead businesses that enrich their communities.
- Richard A. Swanson Lecture (#3112)
In honor of Richard A. Swanson, former UMN professor and educational leader, this fund supports scholarly exchange among students, faculty, and alumni by sponsoring the annual lecture held at the OLPD Chautauqua.
- Fund for Human Resource Development/Adult Education (#6508)
This fund provides scholarships, faculty support, travel awards, guest lectures and general needs of the HRD and Adult Education programs.
Giving is Easy!
- Use your credit card to make a gift online. Our secure website encrypts all your personal information so that it cannot be read over the Internet.
- Send a check or money order made payable to the University of Minnesota along with a letter
designating the recipient of the gift to:
University of Minnesota Foundation
McNamara Alumni Center
University of Minnesota Gateway
200 Oak St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-2010
- Call our secure credit card hotline at 612-626-8560. Leave your full name and phone number, type of credit card, card number, expiration date, amount of your gift, and designated recipient, if any.
- Payroll deduction is a convenient way for University faculty and staff to make a gift. Complete a payroll deduction form to make arrangements.
Employer matching increases the impact of your gift. Each year more than 400 companies have matched gifts made by their employees to the University of Minnesota. Some companies may also match gifts from spouses and retirees. Search our online database or call your personnel office to see if your company has a matching-gifts program.
Revised July 31, 2014