- OLPD 5201—Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 cr)
- OLPD 5202—Perspectives of Adult Learning and Development (3 cr)
- OLPD 5204—Designing the Adult Education Program (3 cr)
- OLPD 5296—Field Experience in Adult Education (3 cr required; no more than 6 credits count toward the program)
- OLPD 5607—Organization Development (3 cr)
- OLPD 5801—Survey: Human Resource Development and Adult Education (3 cr)
- OLPD 5819—Evaluating and Using Research in Organizations and Education (3 cr)
- One additional 3 credit Adult Education course with adviser approval
Up to 10 credits of electives courses with adviser approval to equal the 34 credits needed for this program. The appropriate elective courses may vary depending on whether the student is also pursuing a license as reflected by their optional sub-plan.
M.Ed. candidates in adult education may also add coursework from the following areas to their program:
- Adult learners, including undereducated adults
- Adult education as a field of practice and a profession
- Teaching adults
- Design of educational activities for adults
- Evaluation of educational activities for adults
- Administration or management of agencies, programs, and personnel related to adult education
- Advising and counseling adult learners
- Adult literacy
- Additional teaching licensure in adult literacy from the state of Minnesota
A maximum of 14 graduate semester transfer credits may be applied to the M.Ed. program. Credits may include any combination of the following coursework:
- Up to eight graduate semester credits from fully accredited institutions other than the University of Minnesota.
- Credits completed at the University of Minnesota before admission to the M.Ed. program.
Transfer courses must be completed at the graduate level and approved by a faculty adviser and the college. Contact the program’s faculty adviser for more information.