Human Resource Development certificate
Human Resource Development is a growing field analyzing what organizations need in human capacity and what individuals need in order to feel capable and connected in their work. Our certificate focuses on the practical application of Human Resource Development theory and research.
Boost your organization's effectiveness through research-driven practices. Learn how to identify gaps in skills, knowledge, and technology for organizational units, and be able to understand and recommend a variety of development approaches and options.
- Earn a credential that distinguishes you from other job candidates.
- Earn a credential while building credits toward a full Master’s program.
- Obtain specialized knowledge and feel confident and self-assured in your work.
- 14 credits minimum completed in 1-2 semesters for full time students.
- Certificate coursework completed with undergraduate student status cannot be applied to graduate-level degree programs.
- HRD course offerings
- Program planning sheet
- OLPD 5201—Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 cr)
- OLPD 5202—Perspectives of Adult Learning and Development (3 cr)
- OLPD 5296—Field Experience (4 cr required; no more than 6 credits count toward the program)
OR OLPD 5696—Internship: Human Resource Development (4 cr required; no more than 6 credits count toward the program)
- OLPD 5801—Survey: Human Resource Development and Adult Education (3 cr)
- Any remaining credits can be selected from adult education coursework
OR OLPD 5607—Organization Development (3 cr)