2017-19 Cohort Curriculum
The list below illustrates the Leadership for intercultural and international educators (LIIE) curriculum and how those courses meet program requirements.
Departmental core (16 credits)
Professional socialization seminar
- OLPD 8011—Doctoral Research Seminar I (1 cr) [Take Fall term of first year]
- OLPD 8015—Inquiry Strategies in Educational and Organizational Research (3 cr) [Take Spring term of first year]
- Quantitative course (3 cr inside or outside of department; with approval of adviser)
- Qualitative course (3 cr inside or outside of department; with approval of adviser)
- Additional methods course (6 cr; with approval of adviser)
Program core (20 credits)
Includes the OLPD 8121 series, specialization courses for one of the two CIDE specializations, and CIDE electives; courses not specifically listed below should have adviser approval.
Doctoral seminars in CIDE
Take 6 credits; 2 credits in each of 3 semesters starting in the spring term of the first year.
- OLPD 8121-section 002—Doctoral Seminar: CIDE I (2 cr)
- OLPD 8121-section 003—Doctoral Seminar: CIDE II (2 cr)
- OLPD 8121-section 004—Doctoral Seminar: CIDE III (2 cr)
Specialization courses: Intercultural/international education (6 credits)
- OLPD 5048–Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Leadership (3 cr)
- OLPD 8087–Seminar: OLPD (3 cr) [Take course topic approved by LIIE cohort adviser]
Electives (8 credits)
- OLPD 5103–Comparative Education (3 cr)
- OLPD 5124–Critical Issues in International Education and Educational Exchange (3 cr)
- OLPD 5132–Intercultural Education and Training: Theory and Application (3 cr)
Additional Coursework (12 credits)
- OLPD 8002–Critical Issues in Contemporary Education (3 cr)
- OLPD 8602–Advanced Organizational Development (3 cr)
- OLPD 5044–Introduction to the Economics of Education (3 cr)
- Transfer Class (3 cr)
Thesis credits (24 credits)
All Ph.D. students are required to register for 24 semester thesis credits after completing the preliminary oral exam. The 24 credits must be taken over two or more terms.
- OLPD 8888—Thesis Credits: Doctoral
Total Ph.D. credits required
48 credits of LIIE coursework + 24 thesis credits = 72 total credits