Departmental core (16 credits)
Professional socialization seminar
- OLPD 8011—Doctoral Research Seminar I (1 cr) [Take Fall term of first year]
- OLPD 8015—Inquiry Strategies in Educational and Organizational Research (3 cr)
[Take Spring term of first year]
- Quantitative course (3 cr inside or outside of department; with approval of adviser)
- Qualitative course (3 cr inside or outside of department; with approval of adviser)
- Additional methods course (6 cr; with approval of adviser)
Program core (15 credits)
Students must take OLPD 8596 twice in two different semesters for 3 credits each time.
- OLPD 5501—Principles and Methods of Evaluation (3 cr)
- OLPD 8502—Program Evaluation Theory and Models: Qualitative and Quantitative Alternatives (3 cr)
- OLPD 8595—Evaluation Problems (3 cr)
- OLPD 8596—Evaluation Internship I (3 cr)
- OLPD 8596—Evaluation Internship II (3 cr)
Additional coursework (17 credits minimum)
Minimum of 17 credits required. These credits can be used to meet the requirement that a minimum of 12 credits be taken outside the ES track or for a minor. Courses not specifically listed should have adviser approval.
Thesis credits (24 credits)
All Ph.D. students are required to register for 24 semester thesis credits after completing the preliminary oral exam. The 24 credits must be taken over two or more terms.
- OLPD 8888—Thesis Credits: Doctoral
Total Ph.D. credits required
48 credits of ES coursework + 24 thesis credits = 72 total credits