Human Resource Development
Ongoing education is vital to the success of individuals, businesses, and organizations. As a human resource development major, you'll gain the skills you need to offer critical workplace training and development, to manage effectively, and to communicate successfully. This degree is great preparation for working in human resources, directing a nonprofit, or coaching adults in career and life skills.
- Learning abroad opportunities, such as studying organization and management in South Africa
- Internships allow you to gain professional experience
- Prime location in the center of the Twin Cities—a rich source of internship and job opportunities
Careers with Meaning
Potential employers include:
- Government agencies
- Career-coaching businesses
- Business-training facilities
- Labor unions
- Staffing agencies
Foundation courses, such as public speaking, economics, psychology, and professional writing
Supporting program courses: build a thematic or programmatic sub plan based on your interests. Samples include management, international education, ethical perspectives, or speech communication.
Major courses, including training and development, strategies for teaching adults, supervisory management, and an internship