100th Anniversary Celebration
The University of Minnesota School of Social Work is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2016-2017, and we want you to join us!
Events to Come—2017
August 22 & 23
CEUs on a Stick 2017
For the 11th consecutive year, CEUs on a Stick will offer two days of morning and afternoon workshops that cover a variety of topics taught by experts from our faculty and community. Details and registration information.
School of Social Work at the State Fair
Come celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the University of Minnesota's School of Social Work! Learn about how the school has made an impact through its high quality, innovative degree programs in Social Work, Youth Studies, Youth Development Leadership, Continuing Education, and more. While at the booth, spin to win—we will be giving away some fantastic prizes throughout the day. You may even be entered into a drawing to win a $100 gift card to the University of Minnesota bookstore!
Time: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
Location: U of M Central Building (on the corner of Dan Patch & Underwood), State Fairgrounds
Continuing Education Workshops Celebrating the Work of Our Ph.D. Alumni
The School of Social Work will host afternoon workshops presented by four of our Ph.D. alumni whose research makes direct connections to practicing professional social workers and youth workers. Attendees will receive 1.5 CEUs for each workshop they complete. CEUs will be provided for those in full attendance of the workshop; no partial CEUs will be awarded. Please email email@example.com or call 612-624-3694 with any questions.
Time: 1:00–4:30 p.m.
Location: Peters Hall.
Cost: $15 per workshop
- Valandra, Ph.D., M.S.W., LCSW, Assistant Professor and Program Director of African & African American Studies, University of Arkansas
Her topic is The Use of Culturally Responsive Assessment Approaches in Work with African American Families Experiencing Polyvictimization.
- Jennifer Simmelink McCleary, Ph.D., LMSW, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Duluth, Department of Social Work
Her topic is Ethical Frameworks for Social Work Practice with Muslim and Arab Refugees.
- Annette Semanchin Jones, Ph.D., M.S.W., Assistant Professor University at Buffalo, State University of New York, School of Social Work
Her topic is Promoting Well-being and Relational Permanence in Child Welfare.
- Iris PrettyPaint, Ph.D., M.S.W., Vice President for Indigenous Knowledge Transfer, ANA Western Region Director, Kauffman & Associates, Inc.
Her topic is Best Practice in Community Based Indigenous Research on Trauma and Resilience
- Workshop details, presenter bios and registration information.
Social Work Educators and Field Instructors Celebration
4:45–6:30 p.m., Paul Whitney Larson Art Gallery, St. Paul Student Center. Watch for your invitation!
100th Anniversary Gala Celebration
The schedule for this celebration at the McNamara Alumni Center on the East Bank campus:
- Informal reception with hors d'oeuvres and cash bar
- Welcome and introduction of SSW Director, Dr. John Bricout
- Closing remarks
We will continue to add details as well as information about cost and registration as they become available. To ensure you receive further information, sign up for our 100th Anniversary events contact list.