Eloise and Elliot Kaplan Fellowship for Traumatic Brain Injury
- This fellowship provides financial support for graduate social work students who are interested in developing a career that focuses on the provision of services for persons who have experienced a traumatic brain injury, as well as work with the families of such individuals
- This is a one-time grant of $12,000, which is awarded during the time the student is enrolled in an approved placement, whether the academic year or summer.
- Preference is given to students who study on a full-time basis.
- Full-program students (53 credits) who have completed the foundation curriculum, including SW 8010 – Foundation Field Placement, are eligible for this grant.
- Students with advanced standing, including those students who are newly admitted to the M.S.W. program, are eligible for this grant.
- Note: Full-program students who are applying for admission for the fall of 2018 are NOT eligible for this fellowship in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Applicants must complete the Eloise and Elliot Kaplan Fellowship Application.
- Grant recipients must choose the Health, Disabilities and Aging concentration
- Grant recipients must complete their concentration field placement at an agency that provides services for persons who have experienced a traumatic brain injury and the families of such persons.
- Grant recipients must attend workshops focusing on services for TBI.
- Receiving this fellowship is contingent upon applying for and being accepted as a field student at an agency that provides field placements for students in the Health, Disabilities and Aging concentration, and which serve clients who meet the fellowship requirements. Students who are selected should work with the field team to ensure an appropriate placement. Examples of agencies that provide the learning experience necessary include:
- Vinland Place
- Courage Center
- Bethesda Rehabilitation
- Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Children’s Hospital of Minneapolis
All students who are applying for this fellowship should also complete the 2018-2019 Social Work Student Financial Aid Form.