Humanistic Approach to Mediation and Dialogue
Resources that explore the humanistic perspective on victim offender dialogue.
- Humanistic Mediation, in Mediating Interpersonal Conflicts: A Pathway to Peace, by Mark Umbreit. Eugene, Oregon. Wipf and Stock Publishers To Order
Articles and Handouts
- Humanistic Mediation: A Transformative Journey of Peacemaking, by Mark Umbreit (1997). PDF
- Humanistic Mediation: Peacemaking Grounded in Core Social Work Values, by Heather Burns and Mark Umbreit (2002) PDF
- What is Humanistic Mediation, by Mark Umbreit (1999). PDF
- Humanistic Mediation: A Transformative Journey Toward Peacemaking Through Dialogue by Mark Umbreit (2002) PPT
- Key Principles for Resolving Interpersonal Conflict by Mark Umbreit (2006) PPT
The documents available on our web site are in the PDF format. To access these documents you will need to install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. This reader is available from the Adobe Acrobat home page in several formats. Adobe Acrobat Reader allows you to view, navigate and print PDF files across all major computing platforms.