Victim Sensitive Offender Dialogue - Severe Violence / Homicide
Resources covering the special application of victim offender dialogue in cases of serious and violent crimes.
Articles and Handouts
- Homicide Survivors Meet the Offender Prior to Execution: Restorative Justice Through Dialogue, by Mark Umbreit and Betty Vos (2000). Homicide Studies. 4(1): 63 87 To Order
- Victim Sensitive Offender Dialogue in Crimes of Severe Violence: Differing Needs, Approaches and Implications by Mark Umbreit, William Bradshaw and Robert Coates. (2001) PDF
- Victims of Severe Violence in Mediated Dialogue with Offender: The Impact of the First Multi-site Study in the U.S, by Mark Umbreit, Betty Vos, Robert Coates and Marilyn Armour. 2006 13(1),27-48 International Review of Victimology.
- Victims of Severe Violence Meet the Offender: Restorative Justice Through Dialogue, by Mark Umbreit (1999). International Review of Victimology, 6(4), 321 344.
- Facing Violence: The Path of Restorative Justice & Dialogue. By Mark Umbreit, Betty Vos, Bob Coates, & Kathy Brown (2003). Monsey, NY: Criminal Justice Press. To Order or any bookstore.
Victim Offender Dialogue in Crimes of Severe Violence: A Multi-Site Study of Programs in Texas and Ohio by Mark Umbreit, Robert Coates, Betty Vos and Kathy Brown (2002)
The documents available on our web site are in the PDF format. To access these documents you will need to install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. This reader is available from the Adobe Acrobat home page in several formats. Adobe Acrobat Reader allows you to view, navigate and print PDF files across all major computing platforms.